Labour market information
News and analysis of the graduate job market
- Graduate Market Trends (GMT) provides articles on graduate recruitment and higher education issues. This quarterly publication has moved to hecsu.ac.uk. All issues from Autumn 08 can be viewed in the Graduate Market Trends section there. You can still register for the GMT newsletter to receive these articles by email or view them by issue and story.
- Graduate Market Trends - articles on graduate recruitment and higher education issues featured in our quarterly publication. Register for the GMT newsletter to receive these articles by email.
- Labour market FAQs
- Useful resources - including links to regional information.
Salaries and vacancies
See our FAQs, including:
- What is the average graduate starting salary?
- What are the top paying jobs for new graduates?
- Where do graduates work?
Graduate trends and destinations
- Graduate numbers by degree subjects - see the trends in subject popularity over the years.
- What do graduates do? 2010.
- What do postgraduates do? - analysis of first destinations of Masters and PGCE graduates.
- What do PhDs do? - analysis of the first destinations of PhD graduates.
- Working out and moving on - graduate career paths 18 months and 36 months after graduation.
- Seven years on: Graduate Careers in a Changing Labour Market - career trajectories of the 1995 cohort of graduates, seven years on since leaving university.